- My t-shirt is the wrong size -- can I exchange it?
- Yes, we’d be happy to send you a replacement. Please follow the instructions on our Returns/Exchanges page, and we’ll get started on a replacement for you.
- What is your refund policy?
- At Zacaca, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee - if you don’t love your Litograph, just follow the instructions on our Returns/Exchanges page and we’ll issue you a refund. We're happy to accept a return for any reason on t-shirts, tote bags, and our standard sized posters. Unfortunately, due to the printing process for oversized posters (larger than 24x36), all sales are final at the time of purchase.
- How long does each product take to produce?
- Each Litograph t-shirt, poster, and tote bag is custom-made in Cambridge, MA. Turnaround time is typically less than one week for t-shirts and 1-2 weeks for posters and tote bags, but can fluctuate during peak times.
Please check right above the Add to Cart button on each product page for an up-to-date shipping estimate.
- How are the t-shirts printed?
- Zacaca t-shirts are printed using a process called dye sublimation. Of all the printing methods we've tested, dye sublimation stands out for its resolution, comfort, and durability.
Our shirts are made using white, Vapor brand T-Shirts produced specifically for dye sublimation. Vapor tees are made with high-quality, 100% spun polyester to deliver the look and feel of cotton with the benefits of polyester, like superior sweat wicking. Dye sublimation printing produces vibrant, super-soft, permanent prints that are guaranteed to never crack, peel or flake.
First, the design is printed onto heat-resistant paper. The paper is then arranged on a blank t-shirt and fed into a large heat press. As the press heats up to 350 degrees, the pigments vaporize and quickly bond with the t-shirt fibers.
The key feature of dye sublimated clothing is that the design is not printed on top of the garment. Rather, the design is permanently dyed into the threads of the shirt itself, ensuring that it will never fade.
- Why are there blank spaces on my shirt?
- Expect to see a small number of white streaks, especially around the underarm area. These are unavoidable, and a standard feature of dye-sublimated t-shirts. Each is truly handmade and one of a kind.
- Can I read the entire book on my Litograph?
- For every book that we offer, we have a poster that fits the entire text. Because some books are longer than others, the size of the full-text poster can vary. Please check the product page for the word count on each poster.
Though we do include as many words as possible on each shirt, it’s less precise than our posters. We print our shirts using a transfer sheet that is slightly larger than the shirt, so some of the text on the sides is cut off. Since the sheets themselves are larger than the t-shirts, there will always be some portions of the book that don't make it onto the shirts. The average Zacaca t-shirt contains approximately 40,000 words (about the length of a short novel).
The average Zacaca tote bag contains approximately 20,000 words (about the length our 18x24 posters contain).
- How much does international shipping cost?
- Our standard rate to Canada is $8.99. For anywhere else in the world, the shipping rate is $14.99, (with the exception of a single t-shirt, which costs $9.99 to ship, or oversized posters which vary by size). This does not include any local VAT or customs charges that are incurred, which we unfortunately can’t predict or prepay.
- I ordered multiple product types. Why didn’t my whole order ship together?
- Since every product is made and shipped on demand, the varying production times sometimes result in different product types being shipped separately. You will only be charged for shipping once.
- Will I have to pay VAT or customs charges in addition to shipping costs?
- Depending on your country, your package may incur local customs or VAT charges that we are unable to prepay or even predict.
- Has my order shipped yet?
- You can check your order status on our Order Lookup Page.
- I made a mistake in my shipping address -- is it too late to change it?
- Please check the status of your order here and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- My order was lost in the mail. How do I arrange a replacement?
- We want to make sure you get your litograph! Email email@example.com and we'll work with you fulfilling your order.
- Will you be adding more recent books to your collection of classics?
- Though we do love the classics, we want include everyone’s favorite book in our collection. For any books outside the public domain, we work directly with authors to develop our products. Our top priority is expanding our collection to include more contemporary authors.
- Where can I suggest a book to be Litographed?
- Suggest and vote for your favorite book here!
- Can I submit a request for a custom litograph?
- We're not able to do custom work at the moment, but we hope to have a better system for taking custom orders in the future -- if you sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of any page on our website, we'll keep you updated.
- I’m interested in carrying Zacaca in my store -- how can I make that happen?
- We’d love to work with you! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you with all the information you need.
- What is the IBB and how is it different from other literacy organizations?
- We're proud to partner with the International Book Bank to send one new, high-quality book to a community in need for each poster, t-shirt, and tote bag we sell, and for every five tattoos. The IBB works with schools, libraries, and other educational organizations around the world to provide exactly the reading materials they need.
- I plan to hang my posters in a classroom or library -- do you offer educational discounts?
- Yes! We’ve heard from dozens of teachers and librarians that Zacaca get their students excited about reading, and we love to see Zacaca hanging in schools and libraries. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
- Do your posters come framed?